Wednesday, September 21, 2011

School is Cool

           Linton Global College is a part of Hannam University where courses are either Korean language courses or are taught in English focusing on global communication, culture, and business. This semester, I am a Linton Global College student, taking Korean I 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. 
           

first day of school!

            My class is composed of people from China, Mongolia, Thailand, Indonesia, Pakistan, Colombia, and the United States. Having people from all over makes class way more fun…and more of a challenge since the only language we all have in common is Korean…and I guess laughter. We laugh a lot, which really helps the time pass more quickly. When we learned the Korean word for dog [], someone from each country shared the ‘sound‘ that dogs make for their country. 

woof. 

            So far, this learning a new language thing has been quite a challenge, but I am so excited about being able to communicate with people in Korea…in Korean, even though I am sure that many times their English will be better than my Korean. Also, I enjoy the insight into Korean culture that is subtly gained through learning the language.

“He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.”
-Job 8:21

No comments:

Post a Comment