Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Home Sweet Home

           Upon arriving in Korea, we moved straight into our house on the Hannam University campus. Hannam University is a Christian school and was established in 1956 by Presbyterian missionaries. Lucky for us, Anna, Thomas, and I are living in a renovated house that is part of the missionary compound.

our house 

 my room

           My bed is somewhere between a twin and a full size and has a GREAT storage headboard. The wallpaper on the wall next to my bed is fun and iridescent, and [obviously not pictured] I have 2 closets and a set of four drawers.   

the living area

the dining area [with the air conditioner in the corner]

 the kitchen

           The tall gray thing next to the coffee pot is a water filter and dispenser. The red is hot and the blue is cold [unlike the faucet in my shower]. The blue is great for a nice cool glass of water, and the red is serious about being hot and very handy for instant ramen [a considerable part of my Korean diet thus far]. The white and magenta [or maybe just red] appliance between the microwave and the sink is a rice [a STAPLE in my the Korean diet] cooker. 

and last but not least Anna’s and my bathroom!

2 comments:

  1. Love all your pictures and comments about your experiences in Korea--so GREAT to talk to you yesterday and so very sweet of you to call--I had a good Thanksgiving with my Sandy coming over here to have lunch with me and spend the day--we talked to Perryn too yesterday--I love you sweet Anna--GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved ALL pictures and your wonderful commentary about what is going on with you--you're in my prayers and I heard from Sandy this morning that Perryn got home this AM from South Africa--only a text that she had arrived so I guess she went straight home and to bed--I love you--GG

    ReplyDelete