Monday, March 5, 2012

D

DAEJEON [대전]


 

Daejeon is South Korea's fifth largest city and home to over 1.5 million people, one of whom is me. This is the first time I have really lived in a city with more than 60,000 people. Big cities never appealed to me before, but I really enjoy living in Daejeon! It is located near the middle of the country and known as the Silicon Valley of South Korea.


some fun things around town:

path by the river where I sometimes run and Expo Park in the background

 
exercise equipment like this is everywhere

Expo Park

 Hanbat [large field] Arboretum 

Daejeon Culture & Arts Center
Anna and I went to a classical concert there with a family from the library English conversation group.

 National Cemetery

Dunsan Prehistoric Settlement...in the middle of downtown
 
and the inside...

계룡산 [Gyeryong Mountain]

Other awesome things in Daejeon that I've been to but do not currently have pictures of: Yuseong Foot Spa [very pleasant hot springs, outside, open 24 hours], the express bus terminal [buses, Baskin-Robbins, E-Mart, fashion mart, movie theater, bank, tons of restaurants, book store with English books, and more buses], Jungang Traditional Market [has pretty much everything you could ever need]  


And other things on my Daejeon to-do list: Daejeon Citizen soccer game, Hanhaw Eagles baseball game, more neighboring mountains, Daecheong Lake, Municipal Museum of Art, Currency Museum, World Cup Stadium...

1 comment: